What is Cosmetic Bonding
Cosmetic Bonding (Dental Bonding) is a wonderful solution to remedy issues of tooth decay, to reshape teeth and/or fill in small gaps. Cosmetic Bonding is most often used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of a discolored or chipped tooth, but it also can be used to close spaces between teeth, to make teeth look longer, or to change the shape or color of teeth.
Why is Dental Bonding Used?
Dental Bonding is an option that can be used to:
- Repair a decayed tooth or teeth (a composite resin is used to fill any cavities)
- Improve the appearance of stained or discolored teeth
- Repair a chipped or cracked tooth or teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Increase the length of teeth
- Change the shape of teeth
- Protect a portion of tooth root where gums have receded
- Provide an alternative to amalgam fillings
Unlike porcelain veneers and crowns (customized tooth coverings that need to be manufactured in a lab), dental bonding can usually be done in just one office visit, unless there are several teeth involved in the treatment. Additionally, when compared with veneers and crowns, cosmetic bonding requires the least amount of tooth enamel removal. Best of all, perhaps, unless dental bonding is being performed to fill a cavity, anesthesia is typically not required.
Come on in for a consultation and we will discuss how bonding will restore your beautiful smile!